This course is an experience of Transformation, of personal development, over a period of 21 days. At the end of this course, not only is a diploma given, allowing you to teach yoga and help others in their search and spiritual path but it closes a cycle of inner discovery, to open a door where there will be endless possibilities of evolution as human beings. Yoga helps those who need to trust themselves, close cycles, forgive or accept their realities. It helps open people up to a life they have always wanted and achieve their dreams.
We offer an International certification in yoga under the highest standards of quality, with the seals and certifications of the Yoga Alliance and Activate Yoga. We open our hearts and deliver all our knowledge trusting that this process raises awareness around the world.
Leo & María Phillips
The oldest and most important International Yoga Organization in the world, whose certification is the most prestigious. It is a guarantee of quality and of first level training.
WHO WE ARE
ACTIVATE YOGA is a yoga brand created by Maria and Leo Phillips in Colombia. In 2013 we started teaching yoga and developed into a recognized yoga brand that delivers 200hr International Teacher Training’s, continued education workshops and Yoga retreats in the Caribbean and in the Amazon rain-forest.
Our teaching style comes from hatha yoga, power yoga and therapeutic yoga. Our Yoga classes represent an opportunity for profound expansion physically, mentally, and spiritually. Classes are slow but also use elements of flow with an emphasis on the alignment of positions. The shavasanas are deep and one of the most important parts, not to mention the perfect way to end an intense practice.
Activate Yoga works with individuals through therapeutic Yoga as well as stress liberation yoga in companies and schools. We provide Karma Yoga for vulnerable communities, people with disabilities, and Charitable foundations. We are a yoga school at the service of our community, where Everybody is welcome.
Leo Phillips was born in the North West of England. Prior to first qualifying as a Yoga teacher in India in 2012. He spent more than 10 years working to positively influence the behavior patterns of others. His experience in behavioral rehabilitation programs comes together with that of being a Yoga teacher to provide activate yoga with an expert in life Philosophy and adjustments.
He has supported many life processes and guided many people in England through government programs and specialist organisation.
He has been part of Activate Yoga since his arrival in Colombia in December 2013, where he currently resides. He holds more than 850 hours of training with 500 of those as a E-RYT 200 RYT 500.
María Elisa is a Journalist with a masters in Political Science. After working in journalism, public relations and as a communications manager in both the public sector and multinationals in Colombia, she decided to reinvent herself and start from scratch as a teacher of yoga and meditation.
In mid-2012 she took the decision to travel the world for a year and studied yoga, meditation and Thai yoga massage in India, Nepal and Thailand. She certified herself as an international yoga instructor in 2012 and as a Yoga Therapist in 2016 and again in 2018 in India. Her path has been one of great transformation and success. E-RYT 200. RYT 500.
Our certification for Yoga teachers is a space of transformation. A space people enter as students but leave being teachers who share the science and magic of Yoga in all areas of their lives.
Through the selfless delivery of our knowledge, coaching exercises, meditations, physical practices, individual and group work we give you the tools to feel safe, ready, healthy, calm and happy to start teaching what you have learned to others.
We know that your time is valuable, so we do not demand that you give teaching hours to get your diploma, but we open the spaces you need so you can practice and offer the best of you to those who need it most.
Intensive face-to-face methodology. From 1st to 23th of June
Delivered in English
- From Monday to Saturday, resting on Sundays.
- This 200-hour training course, endorsed internationally by the Yoga Alliance, asks us for 180 contact hours and 20 hours for self study.
- At the end of the course all students will deliver a final presentation in the form of a special a project, will present a final exam, a final class in front of the students and teachers who will evaluate, 2 tests and a yoga nidra for the group.
- This course will be 8 hours a day for 21 days.
- The course schedule will be given in blocks of hours, from 8:00 a.m. at 12:00 pm. and 1:00 p.m. at 5:00 p.m.
- Anatomy and physiology In a simple yet professional way we will give you the basic concepts so you can understand how yoga acts on your systems and then apply it to your classes.
- History and Philosophy. We will study the most important paths, lineages and styles in modern Hatha Yoga and the 8 limbs of ashtanga yoga.
- Energetic Chakras, Koshas, Gunas, Kleshas, Mudras, Mantras, Sadhana, Meditation, Pranayama, Bandhas and Kriyas, cleanings that we will experience in a physical way.
- Principles of practice. Avoiding injuries is our biggest goal. We analyze each position in yoga through its most important pillars helping you to prevent injuries in your classes so your students can find in the perfect alignment, comfort, stability and fluency.
- Profession. In this module we show you how to start as a yoga teacher. The qualities needed to overcome challenges faced in becoming a successful yoga teacher and tips on how to live in abundance from your life mission.
- Yoga nidra. It is a powerful meditation technique in which we learn to relax consciously, separating ourselves from the outer consciousness (pratyahara) and from the dream. You will learn how to make your own yoga nidra.
SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE: £1340
After 1st of March: £1620
After 1st of April: £1700
All means of payment through Pay Pal and Nation Wide Building Society
María Elisa González
All refunds are subject to an additional 10% processing fee for bank charges and currency conversions.
If the reservation is canceled within 3 months (90 days) of the start date of the course, the student receives a refund of 50% of the amount deposited to date.
If the reservation is canceled within 31-90 days, the student receives a refund of 25% of the amount deposited to date.
If the reservation is canceled within 30-1 days, the student does not receive any refund. However, can be accommodated in a later course, if the dates are suitable. Activate Yoga does can not guarantee subsequent courses of the same nature.
No Shows do not receive any refund. Desertions do not receive any refund.
If the Course does not have a minimum occupancy of 6 people, 90% of the value will be returned, 10% will correspond to bank and transaction costs.